At Twiggle we believe computers should understand people, just like people do. To enable that, we are building a powerful knowledge-based search technology. The Senior NLP Engineer position at our office in central Tel Aviv is an opportunity to leverage your engineering ability in order to create a disruptive e-commerce experience.
Engineering at Twiggle involves a diverse array of technically complex problems, including:
- Robust infrastructures for representing and storing a semantic ontology and knowledge base
- NLP mechanisms for semantic analysis, spelling correction, parsing, morphological and lexical analysis, etc.
- Automatic knowledge extraction from user behavioral data, including detection of semantic phenomna and user preferences
- Search engine enhancement systems for efficient and flexible retrieval of structured knowledge
- Creating a new and optimal user experience based on our revolutionary semantic analysis engine
About the role
The long-term success of our venture relies on you taking the initiative to engage in complex problems and proposing novel solutions. You will have to exercise your skills across a range of tasks through end-to-end design and implementation of NLP modules in an industrial context. You will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and knowledge engineers; that team includes individuals who are both expert code craftspeople and trained engineers with Ph.D. and M.Sc. backgrounds.
- M.Sc with distinction or Ph.D., with specialization in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Data Science, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of industrial coding experience.
- Code craftsmanship, proper design and usage of APIs, creating testable code, parallelization, refactoring, debugging and troubleshooting, avoidance of performance bottlenecks and judicious application of optimization.
- Algorithmic thinking, in particular the design of high-performance data retrieval over complex structured data.
Interested in applying?
Send your info to firstname.lastname@example.org.